Many people are transitioning from traditional, chemical-based cleaning products to natural, eco-friendly cleaning products in their homes. Using eco-friendly house cleaning products and alternatives will not only keep your home clean, but it will also keep you and your family safe while keeping the earth happy. Read on to learn about the benefits of eco-friendly cleaning in your home!
Benefits Of Eco-Friendly Cleaning
There are so many benefits to switching to an eco-friendly cleaning regimen. From keeping your family healthy and safe to protecting our environment for future generations, green cleaning just makes sense. Switching to eco-friendly cleaning products can benefit you in a number of ways, including:
- Keeping your family safer: You’ve probably heard about how dangerous toxic chemicals found in household cleaners can be; studies have linked some everyday cleaners with developmental issues in children. And considering that most people spend over 90% of their time indoors, it’s important to keep all indoor spaces free from harmful toxins. Switching to eco-friendly cleaning products is a step toward protecting your family’s health and safety.
- Living a greener lifestyle: Reducing our carbon footprint by using green products is an important part of living a greener lifestyle. By using fewer chemical cleaning products and switching to green cleaning products, you also reduce your impact on the environment and contribute less pollution to our water supply or air quality.
- Keeping your home clean without using harsh chemicals: There are many different types of eco-friendly cleaning products available to keep your home clean. Using these products not only helps keep you and your family safe but also reduces toxins that might otherwise build up in your indoor environment over time. Some green cleaning products can even be used as a one-stop-shop for all of your cleaning needs, so it’s easy to go green with just one product swap.
Natural Cleaners Vs. Chemical Cleaners
Most of us are pretty familiar with chemical cleaners (after all, they’re what we grew up with). When you were a kid, you helped Mom unload that box of Lysol and Clorox into their respective cabinets. Now that you’re older, it may seem like a good idea to continue buying these strong chemicals, but doing so could result in some serious consequences for your health and your family. In other words, there’s a way out of chemical dependency—natural cleaning products offer an eco-friendly alternative to chemically-laden household items.
Traditional cleaning products depend on strong chemicals for their cleaning power. These chemicals over time can negatively affect you and your family’s health, as well as harm the environment. Natural cleaners are made from all-natural ingredients that are safer for children and pets to be around.
They’re also less likely to irritate sensitive skin or cause allergies, so if you or someone in your household has these concerns, natural cleaners might be a good option for you.
Natural and eco-friendly cleaning products contribute significantly less to water and air pollution, lessening their long-term effect on the environment. Most of the cleaning agents in eco-friendly cleaning products are safe and gentle for the environment.
When it comes down to it, you don’t have to choose between cleanliness and a healthy home or family; natural cleaners offer an effective alternative without compromising your health or hurting the earth!
Natural Cleaning Products
Switching to all-natural cleaning products is one of many ways you can go green around your home. Most natural cleaners are nontoxic, making them safe for family members and pets. You can find commercial eco-friendly cleaning products in most grocery stores that are effective and convenient. There are many cleaning product brands emerging that are eco-friendly and contain natural, non-toxic ingredients to clean around the home.
Natural cleaning products utilize such ingredients as lemon, vinegar, tea tree oil, baking soda, and more. These easy-to-use cleaners will help you clean your home in a safe way that is better for your health and those around you. Many natural cleaners are also hypoallergenic and can be used to remove pet dander, allergens, and dust mites from homes with pets or allergies.
Make Your Own DIY Cleaning Products
You can also utilize household products that you can find in your local grocery store to clean naturally at home. Here are some of the best alternatives to traditional cleaning products:
- White vinegar or apple cider vinegar to clean hard surfaces.
- Baking soda to scrub sinks and tubs.
- Borax to fight mildew and mold.
- Lemon juice to remove stains and clean hard surfaces
- Tea tree oil to clean and disinfect.
- Castile soap for laundry detergent, hand soap, and dish soap.
- Olive oil to polish furniture.
- Essential oils to boost your home’s smell.
There are hundreds of sources online with amazing guides to DIY cleaning products with these ingredients. Here are our favorite sources:
Hire An Eco-Friendly Cleaning Service
If you want to find a professional cleaning service for your weekly or bi-weekly home cleaning, Sponge & Sparkle is here for you! Sponge & Sparkle uses eco-friendly cleaning products in our cleaning services and knows the benefits and importance of green cleaning.
For you and your family’s health and peace of mind, Sponge & Sparkle Cleaning cleans with eco-friendly, environmentally safe products.
All of our products are free of any synthetic fragrances, toxins, petroleum, and ammonia, all of which can be harmful to your family’s health and to the health of the environment.
To start your cleaning service with a company that shares your values in eco-friendly, safer cleaning, call Sponge & Sparkle today at (404) 633-9652 or visit www.spongeandsparkle.com to learn more about our services.
Sponge & Sparkle services the Brookhaven, Georgia area, including Buckhead, North Druid Hills, Midtown, Atlanta Station, Decatur, Chamblee, Doraville, Tucker, and the Virginia Highlands.
Copyright © 2023. Sponge & Sparkle, Inc. All rights reserved.