With the holidays coming just around the corner, fall is a great time to begin cleaning some of the areas in your home that don’t get much attention. If you start now, when Thanksgiving and Christmas arrive, you won’t be overwhelmed by all of the house cleaning and decluttering tasks that you have to do before the family arrive to stay at your house!
Listed below are a few items that you can do now, to get a jump on cleaning. Many of these tasks get forgotten about or skipped over when we are in a rush to clean.
Fall Cleaning Checklist:
- Catch up with all the dirty clothes
- Purge the closets from clothes that are too small, too big, or out of style
- Dust the bookshelves, mantle and all tables before putting out seasonal decor
- Clean the windows
- Clean underneath the furniture and under the cushions
- Clean the baseboards
- Dust the ceiling fans and lights
- Clean out the bathroom cabinets (all guest bathrooms)
- Clean out and organize the pantry
- Clean out and organize the garage
- Clean out and organize the coat closet
- Clean out and organize the linen closet
- Clean up papers and piles from desks and counter tops
Since we have a month before Thanksgiving arrives, it’s not necessary to do the deep scrubbing just yet but cleaning out closets and decluttering is great thing to do now. You can put away summer clothes and box them up since fall has now arrived.
If your busy schedule doesn’t allow you much time to clean up during the week, it would be a good time to consider getting a weekly cleaning service to help you maintain a clean home. Getting weekly housecleaning’s or a maid service to help you keep the house clean, is a great way to stay on top of things.
If you live in the Atlanta area, Buckhead, Midtown, Brookhaven, Decatur, Chamblee, Tucker or Virginia Highlands area, then call us! Let the cleaning professionals of Sponge and Sparkle clean your home and help you get ready for the holidays.
Call us at (404) 633-9652
Copyright © 2023. Sponge & Sparkle, Inc. All rights reserved.